The Blogs I’m Reading (2015)posted by Andrea | 07/6/2015
Several years ago, I shared a post about my 11 favorite blogs that I read on a regular basis.
However, that post is now VERY outdated. A handful of those blogs no longer exist anymore and many of them are posting infrequently or have totally changed their topic so I’m not as interested in them anymore.
It’s no big deal, bloggers can do whatever they want — but since I officially started my “summer break” here on the blog and will only be blogging 2 or 3 times a week from now through September, I thought it might be fun to share an updated list of some of my current favorite blogs so you all have a little more reading material this summer 🙂
FYI: No baby yet — I promise you’ll know when he arrives!
Please note that by no means do I visit all of these blogs every single day. I usually check in once a week or maybe once a month to catch up. I also subscribe to a few via email so I don’t have to check in on the actual blog.
I don’t have any type of blog feed reader because for some reason, I can not get into reading blogs in a feed reader. I’d rather just visit the blog directly, or read it in an email.
In fact, many of the blogs I follow are via Facebook — so I can quickly and easily skim through post titles and only click on ones that sound interesting to me. This seems to save me a lot of time and still allows me to follow several blogs without feeling overwhelmed by all the new content out there each day.
So, for those of you looking for a little extra summer reading material, let me share some of my favorite blogs (and bloggers) with you!
Life Simplifying Blogs:
- Life Your Way I get content from Mandi’s blog emailed to me once a week and enjoy reading about her family, their life out in the boonies of West Virginia, and her tips to simplify and organize.
- The Art of Simple I check in to see what Tsh and the gang is doing once a month. Most of her blog doesn’t really apply to me, but she does have some great ideas.
- Money Saving Mom I don’t read for the deals, just Crystal’s amazing time management, organizing, business advice!
- Little House Living This is another blog that I only check in on about once a month — but I’m always intrigued by Merissa’s super simple, self-sustaining lifestyle.
- Clean Mama Becky always has fabulous tips and tricks to clean just about EVERY area of your home and life. Plus, she has lots of DIY recipes for cleaning products.
- Clover Lane Sarah has 6 busy children, but somehow manages to find time to slow down, simplify, stay organized, and enjoy life with her family. I aspire to be like her “when I grown up”!
Home & Decor Blogs:
- Liz Marie Blog Although I truly don’t implement any of her ideas right now, I LOVE her style — and she went to my high school so it’s fun to follow along and see what she’s up to.
- i Heart Organizing OK, I need to be totally honest here… I absolutely LOVE Jen’s blog and all her fun ideas. She is super cute, her home is gorgeous, and she is amazing at what she does. But at the same time, I feel like her ideas are often a little over-the-top for the everyday home. Even still, I check in a couple times a month to ooh and aah over all the fun home projects she’s been up to 🙂
- The Lemon Bowl Liz is a local West Michigan blogger and although we don’t have exactly the same style of cooking, her photos are amazing, and she’s a great writer.
- A Farmgirl’s Dabbles I usually pop in to check out Brenda’s new recipes once a month or so.
- Eat 2 Gather Sheila is another local blogger (she only lives a few miles from my house) and her recipes are totally doable for “normal” families!
Family and Kid Blogs:
- Kid’s Activity Blog they have hundreds of cool ideas for kids! I usually just visit when I’m searching for something specific.
- GR Kids The “GR” is for Grand Rapids — which is the closet major city to where we live. This blog focuses on all the fun and cool activities for kids in the area so it’s a great resource if/when we’re looking for something to do.
- Your Kid’s Table I started following this blog when we were having difficulties getting Nora to eat. And although I’m not sure it helped me solve anything, it does have TONS of great tips and ideas for feeding kids healthy, balanced meals.
- Truth in the Tinsel This is more of a seasonal blog — but I love how Amanda has a knack for helping children understand the Christmas story and other Biblical messages with her creative teachings, ebooks, crafts, etc.
- Easy to Love but Hard to Raise I think you can probably get the gist of this website’s content just by the title! Although everything certainly is not applicable to me or my family, I have gleaned my fair share of helpful parenting tips and tricks from this blog.
- Modern Mrs. Darcy I don’t know how to classify this blog — there’s a little of everything. But I like Anne’s writing style a lot… so I faithfully check in for new content
- The Small Things Blog Ironically, this blog talks a lot about fashion, make-up, and hair (3 things I don’t have a huge interest in) but I enjoy Kate’s writing style and she also has 2 little tikes, so I can really relate to her life right now.
- She Just Glows Janie is another mom with 3 very young kiddos and a great writing style that I can totally relate to. I follow her via facebook and check in at least weekly for new content.
- Finding Joy I love the Dear Mom letters Rachel writes — and hearing more about her family. She has a great writing style and is very relatable.
Of course, there are literally hundreds of blogs that I’ve clicked through to read an article here or there — or maybe I pop in once a year or so. But the list above includes the blogs I read at least once a month or more.
I’m guessing many of you follow a few of these blogs already — but if not, I’d encourage you to click around and check them out.
Also, I’d love to read some of YOUR favorite blogs too — feel free to leave the links in the comment section!
- Labels:: favorite things