Simple, Delicious Crock Pot Recipesposted by Andrea | 12/14/2011
This time of year, when the weather is getting cold and holiday festivities make life even busier, I often rely on my crock pot to help get dinner on the table.
I’ve actually been using my crock pot so often that I’m asking for a larger one for Christmas… hint hint 🙂
One of the reasons I love using my crock pot is because I can just dump all the ingredients in, turn it on, and walk away. I don’t need to stir a boiling pot and I don’t need to pull something out of the oven on time… I can simply go about my day and come back in several hours to a hot meal and a delicious smelling kitchen!
It doesn’t get much easier than that!
About a month ago, I recieved two really simple crock pot recipes from Sandy — a very loyal reader. Since then, I’ve made both recipes and can attest to how simple and delicious they are.
Sandy suggests buying the meat when it’s on sale and then making big batches of the following:
Pulled Pork Loin
- one can of apple pie filling
- one pork loin
- one bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- spray crock pot with cooking spray (for easy cleanup)
- dump in the apple pie filling, put the whole pork loin on the pie filling and top with BBQ sauce.
- cook on low 8-10 hours
- pull pork apart and stir to mix with pie filling and BBQ sauce
- serve on buns or your favorite bread
Creamy Turkey or Chicken
- 6+ cups of cooked and shredded turkey or chicken
- 1 can cream soup (mushroom, chicken or celery)
- 1 can french onion soup
- mix all ingredients in a crock pot
- cook on low 6 hours
- stir and serve on buns or toasted bread
I’ve made both of these recipes and they really are so quick, simple, and delicious. Plus they make a lot of food — which means you can eat some now and put the rest in the freezer for later!
Thanks for the delicious recipes Sandy!
What are your favorite Crock Pot recipes?
Visit my virtual recipe box for more simple, delicious, family friendly, recipes!
- Labels:: slow cooker