Simple Fruit Saladposted by Andrea | 07/25/2010
This fruit salad is simple and delicious; it’s probably one of my favorites to date.
One reason I love it so much is because you really can’t mess it up (I promise)! Use whatever seasonal fruits you have on hand and feel free to throw in a few frozen berries, canned fruit, or anything that’s a little past its prime.
And did I mention that it only takes about 15 minutes to make?
Mix and match your favorite fruits and figure about 1 cup of fruit per person.
Here are the fruits I used. Try not to start drooling!
- 1 quart strawberries — sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 c. blackberries
- 1 c. sweet cherries — pitted and halved
- 2 c. seedless green grapes — halved
- 3 bananas — sliced
- 3 Granny Smith apples - chunked
- 1 15 oz. can Mandarin Oranges — drained (juices reserved)
- 1 21 oz. can peach pie filling
- Combine all fruit in a large bowl.
- Mix Mandarin Orange juice with pie filling
- Gently stir pie filling mixture into fruit.
- Let mixture chill for one hour before serving.
I said it was simple!
Bring this dish to your next picnic — or to the table for dinner tonight. I guarantee it won’t last long!
Visit my virtual recipe box for more simple, delicious, family friendly, recipes!
Filed under: Food
- Labels:: salad