50+ Thanksgiving Leftover Ideasposted by Andrea | 11/23/2016
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving!
And while I’m not trying to rush my most favorite holiday away, I know that by tomorrow evening, you could very well be stranded in your kitchen with piles and piles of delicious Thanksgiving leftovers, and no desire to spend hours in the kitchen dealing with them all.
So instead of letting them go to waste (or eating traditional Thanksgiving dinner every night for the next 2 weeks) I thought I’d share a bunch of simple recipes and ideas I use to repurpose our yummy Thanksgiving leftovers!
Also, I’d highly suggest roasting your turkey breast DOWN — it’s SO juicy and flavorful!
Leftover Punch or Juice
- Freeze for smoothies
- Make homemade Juice Pops
- Freeze it in ice cube trays and use it to add flavor to other beverages later on, or use it too chill (without watering down) punch the next time you make it.
- Here’s a post with a bunch of ideas for flat soda (and make sure to read the comments for more ideas too)
- Freeze for smoothies
- Make Fruit Pizza
- Mix in a can of peach pie filling and make a whole new fruit salad
- Use leftover cranberry for this delicious slowcooker pork recipe
- Add leftover cranberry relish to ham or turkey sandwiches as a little extra kick
- Use leftover applesauce to replace the oil in cake, brownie, or muffin recipes
- Add some milk, cheese, and spices for this yummy vegetable chowder
- Make vegetable beef soup
- Add some cream cheese and Ritz cracker crumbs to make this creamy vegetable bake
- Use leftover broccoli for cheese brocoli soup or chicken broccoli rice casserole
- Use any leftover corn for this delicious semi-homemade cornbread
- Pretty much any other soups, stews, casserole, etc.
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Soup
- These delicious potato rolls (seriously, they are SO good!)
- Make shepherd’s pie (I recently made this with leftover pulled pork and it was amazing!)
- Use leftover baked potatoes for this delicious side dish
- Top leftover mashed potatoes with cheese and bake them for a super simple side dish.
- Chop up baked or boiled potatoes into bite-size pieces and use for soups, stews, or pot pie
- We love this yummy chicken and stuffing (or turkey and stuffing) casserole.
Leftover Chicken or Turkey
You can use chicken or turkey for any of the recipes listed below.
- Chicken/Turkey Pot Pie (I make this EVERY year after Thanksgiving!)
- Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Fajitas
- Crispy Cheddar Chicken Bake
- Chicken Lasagna
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Vegetable Bake
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Packets
- Creamed Turkey/Chicken Sandwiches (slow cooker)
- Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Turkey or Chicken and wild rice stew
- Turkey Tortilla Bake
- Hot Turkey Sandwiches (a good way to use up leftover mashed potatoes and gravy too)
- Chop it up into bite-size pieces and freeze in 2 c. portions for casseroles and soups later in the year
Leftover Broth and/or Gravy
- Use the broth in soups or stews
- Use the gravy for hot chicken or turkey sandwiches as mentioned above.
- Freeze it in 1 or 2 c. portions for easy use later
- Make baked ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch or dinner (any type of roll will work with this recipe)
- Make pizza sliders!
- Make homemade bread crumbs
- Freeze them to make this stuffing recipe later in the year
- Eat them!
- Make up some goodie bags for your guests or neighbors
- Freeze them for later. (You’d be surprised how well baked goods freeze — even frosted cakes, cupcakes, brownies, bars, muffins, cookies, fudge, cream pies, etc.)
Hopefully this gives you a few creative ideas to use up some of your leftovers!
What are your favorite ways to repurpose Thanksgiving leftovers?