I often receive questions about the organizing tools I use in my home.
While I don’t shop at one specific store, I do have one “go-to” tool that I love using whenever possible — baskets!
Baskets are a great organizing tool because they come in so many shapes, sizes, colors (and prices)! I guarantee you can find one — or five — to fit your needs.
Here are 10 ways I use baskets around my house. Most of them are from Goodwill or garage sales.
- Craft Supplies — Keep sewing and craft supplies organized and in one place
- Reading Materials — Newspapers, magazines, and books stay neat and organized
- Bathroom Necessities — Keep your toiletries organized and easily accessible
- Clothes and Shoes — Create a space for shoes and dirty laundry to prevent piles on the floor
- Extra Bedding — Make extra linens and pillows easily available for guests
- Office supplies — Keep your stamps, envelopes, address labels, and other office supplies in one location
- Bags — We store extra plastic bags in a tall basket in our pantry.
- Family items — Give your kids a place to store their personal belongings with labeled baskets
- Decorations — Baskets don’t always have to be useful, sometimes they just look nice!
- Man Basket — after we got married, I gave my husband a basket to keep his wallet, watch, glasses and other belongings in. We jokingly call it his “man basket”!
How do you use baskets in your home? What other organizing tools do you love?