What Will You Do With Your Extra Hour?posted by Andrea | 11/3/2012
Normally, we get 24 hours in a day — no more, no less. However, today is the one day each year when we squeeze out an extra hour — thanks to the end of Daylight Savings!
So what will you do with your extra hour?
Personally, I’d like to spend my extra hour sleeping (we’re hoping to “trick” Nora into going to bed an hour earlier!)
Not only do I turn all our clocks back one hour, I also use this bi-anual event as a reminder to do a few other things around the house.
- I check and replace the batteries in our smoke detectors.
- I clean out our furnace filter (we have this reusable filter so it just needs to be washed)
- I rotate the mattresses
- I change out the baking soda in the fridge and freezer (then I use that container to scrub the bathrooms and clean the drains)
- I open a new tube of mascara (I know you’re technically supposed to do this every 3 months, but I don’t)
- I change the “head” on my electric toothbrush
For some reason, I never think about these tasks throughout the rest of the year — but whenever it’s time to change our clocks, I magically remember. I guess it’s just a habit I’ve gotten into ove the years.
So before you go to bed tonight, remember to push your clocks back and enjoy an extra hour of sleep!