Dave and I have officially entered our holiday party season… which means I’ve been scouring the internet for quick and simple dessert and appetizer recipes that require very few ingredients and very little prep time.
I have a pretty good list of easy recipes that I can make in very short notice with ingredients I almost always have on hand… and today’s recipe is one of those crowd-pleasing appetizers that tastes way more difficult than it actually is 🙂
If you’re looking for a super simple, last-minute appetizer idea to bring to a holiday party — or just a really quick side dish for dinner tonight, this recipe should satisfy!
Recipe for Cheesy Pesto Crescent Bites
Makes 24 “bites”
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 string cheeses (or about 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese)
- 1/4 c. prepared pesto sauce
- Divide Crescent rolls into 8 triangles and cut each triangle into 3 smaller “triangles” (see image below)
- Flatten each smaller triangle so they are a little larger and quite thin
- Spoon approximately 1/2 teaspoon of pesto sauce onto each small triangle
- Cut each string cheese into 6 chunks and place one chunk on each pesto covered triangle
- Roll crescent dough up and press to seal edges
- Place crescent bites on baking sheet (I line mine with parchment paper to make sure nothing sticks)
- Bake at 375*F for 8-11 minutes (or until golden and very puffed up)
- Serve warm
Since these only take a few minutes to bake, I usually have them all made ahead of time and bake them when I get to the party (when I know I have access to an oven).
You can also use the same recipe with full-size crescent rolls (not cutting them into 3 smaller “triangles”) to make delicious rolls as a side dish for almost any meal.
These bites are amazingly tasty, super versatile, and oh so simple — so yes, they’ll be on my favorites list for a while!
Oh, and if you’re looking for more dessert and appetizer recipes for your upcoming holiday festivities, check out these recipes from around the blogosphere!
- Best Party Recipes for Sharing from Mom’s Tool Box
- Cherry Snowball Christmas Cookies from I’m an Organizing Junkie
- Chocolate Chunk Toasted Pecan Oatmeal Cookies from Life Your Way
- Chocolate Peanut Brittle from The Happy Housewife
- Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Trifle from Mom Endeavors
- Double Chocolate Candy Bar Pretzel Bark from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Easy Black Currant Scones from Good Cheap Eats
- Frozen Inspired Vanilla Raspberry Bites from Bargain Briana
- Gumdrops from Hoosier Homemade
- Microwave Caramel Corn from Ashley Pichea
- Old Fashioned Christmas Cookies from Mommy Hates Cooking
- Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow from Smockity Frocks
- Sugar Cookies for Dummies from Happy Little Homemaker
- The World’s Easiest Christmas Candy Ever from Money Saving Mom
- Bacon and Spinach Frittata Bites from Life as MOM
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus from Jo-Lynne Shane
- Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts from The Finer Things in Life
- Black Bean and Avocado Salad from Kitchen Stewardship
- Cheesy Pesto Crescent Bites from Andrea Dekker
- Easy Cheesy Vidalia Onion Dip from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Homemade Sausage Balls from The Humbled Homemaker
- Kale Spinach Bites from For the Love Of
- Spiced Nuts from Modern Mrs. Darcy
- Toasted Pecans from My Blessed Life
- Trio of Cream Cheese Appetizers from Eat at Home Cooks
- White Cheddar Cranberry Bites from Parenting Miracles
What are your favorite go-to party sweets, treats, and appetizers?
Visit my virtual recipe box for more simple, delicious, family friendly recipes!