Over Christmas break, I resurrected an “oldie but goodie” recipe that I hadn’t made in ages. I sort of forgot about it until a few weeks ago when a friend of mine made it for dinner. I immediately realized that it would be a perfect addition to all the other simple recipes on my blog — so today, I’m sharing it with you!
Not only does this recipe have SUPER simple ingredients, take minutes to throw together, and taste great as leftovers, it’s also a really easy meal for kids to help prepare.
Nora has SO much fun helping me layer the different ingredients — there’s really no way she could have messed it up.
If you’re looking for another simple, tasty meal to add to your recipe roundup — or just a way to use up the last of your holiday leftovers, give this chicken and stuffing casserole a try!
Recipe for Easy Chicken Stuffing Casserole:
- 1 (6 oz.) box herb stuffing; prepared as directed on the box
- 1 (10 oz. or 16 oz.) bag frozen broccoli
- 2 c. cooked and diced chicken (or turkey)
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Grease a 2.5 quart baking dish (or a 9″ x 9″ pan)
- Prepare stuffing as directed on the box (or use 3 – 4 c. of leftover stuffing) and spread in the bottom of pan
- Dump broccoli and chicken over stuffing
- Mix soup and milk together and pour over chicken
- Top with shredded cheese
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until heated through
- Eat and enjoy!
One of the many reasons I love this recipe is because it can easily be made in the morning and just popped in the oven later in the day.
I also love that since I use the Herb Stuffing Mix, I don’t need to add any additional seasonings. It’s amazing how much flavor it has even with no additional seasonings… or even salt and pepper!
Of course, if you prefer a more “from scratch” approach to this dish, feel free to make your own stuffing (or use leftovers from the holidays) and make your own cream soup. You could also use fresh broccoli — but you’ll want to cook it about half way before adding it to the casserole.
This is a perfect meal to make on a cold afternoon… especially after the holidays since I always seem to have leftover stuffing and chicken or turkey.
What are your favorite casseroles?
Visit my virtual recipe box for more simple, delicious, family friendly recipes!