If you’re looking for a ridiculously easy side dish for holiday parties, backyard BBQ’s or just for your own family at home, you must give this yummy Broccoli Slaw a try!
Even if you don’t like coleslaw!
I’ve never been a huge fan of coleslaw — even the really good homemade stuff. However, when it comes to Broccoli Slaw, I’ll almost always go back up for 2nds or even 3rds.
I LOVE this easy side dish!
BrocoSlaw is such a simple side dish to make, and it’s versatile enough to work with backyard BBQ’s, a simple sandwich buffet, or even a ham dinner.
- 2 packages (12 oz.) Broccoli Slaw mix (it's by the lettuce in most grocery stores)
- 1 head broccoli; washed and chopped into small bite-size pieces
- 1 bottle (16 oz.) Coleslaw dressing -- or make your own
- 1/2 c. craisins, raisins, or dried cherries
- 1/2 c. bacon bits or chopped bacon
- 1/2 c. nuts (I like sliced almonds or candied peanuts)
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl (reserving a little of the dressing for later if necessary).
- Cover and let sit for a few hours (see notes below)
- Stir well before serving and add more dressing if needed.
This dish honestly tastes better if it's made in advance. I usually make it in the morning, or even the day before!
Amount Per ServingCalories 177Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 5mgSodium 521mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 5g
See, I told you it was an easy side dish!
I made this as an easy side dish for Nora’s birthday party, and several people asked me for the recipe, so I know I’m not the only one who loves it.
Not only is it really quick to make and SO delicious, but it’s also easily customizable for your own tastes.
Add in the fact that it can be made several hours ahead of time so there’s no last-minute prep work, and it’s basically the perfect easy side dish to bring along for holiday parties or other functions.
What are your favorite make-ahead easy side dishes?
Visit my virtual recipe box for more simple, delicious, family-friendly recipes!