Monster Cookiesposted by Andrea | 07/14/2010
I’m a sucker for any type of cookie, but Monster Cookies are my all-time favorites — probably because they combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, oatmeal, and M&M’s into one cookie.
I’ve tried several different recipes in the past, but so far, this one’s my favorite. It was given to me from a women at my church — and she gave me permission to share. I should mention that the recipe I was given makes 24 dozen cookies — and since my Kitchen Aid mixer can’t handel that much cookie dough, I’ve cut the recipe in half for this post.
So the recipe below (which is the exact recipe I make) is HALF the recipe my friend from church makes — it “only” makes 12 dozen cookies 🙂
Of coures, you can easily cut the recipe in half again — or if you’re feeling ambitious, double it and make the full 24 dozen cookies!
I dare ya!
Recipe for Monster Cookies
makes 12 dozen cookies
- 6 eggs
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 2 c. white sugar
- 2 sticks of butter or margarine
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 T. light corn syrup
- 4 t. baking soda
- 1.5 c. peanut butter
- 9 c. quick oaks (don’t use old fashion oats)
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz. M&M’s
- 1 c. nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a VERY large bowl, cream butter & sugars until well blended
- Add eggs and mix well
- Mix in the vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda, and peanut butter and stir until well blended
- Add in the oatmeal (two cups at a time)
- Stir in the chocolate chips, M&M’s, and nuts by hand
- Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper (this is essential to thick, chewy cookies)
- Place large scoops of dough on the cookie sheets 2 inches apart
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until set and edges are slightly brown
I usually let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes and then gently move them to cooling racks. Make sure they are completely cooled before you store or freeze them.
These monster cookies are definitely worth your efforts, but if you’re looking for a quicker (and smaller) recipe, click here for my “Simple Monster Cookie” recipe.
What are your favorite cookies?
Visit my virtual recipe box for more simple, delicious, family friendly, recipes!
Filed under: Food