We love pizza — all types of pizza — so we almost always have lots of pizza toppings in the house.
A couple weeks ago, I decided to mix things up a bit. Instead of making homemade pizza or doctoring up a frozen pizza, I tried making muffin tin pizzas. The only “problem” was all the recipes I found online called for pizza dough as the crust… and I didn’t have pizza dough or the time to make pizza dough.
So, I improvised using a package of refrigerated biscuits — and it worked marvelously!
Not only did these taste delicious, they were so easy to make. I literally had dinner on the table in about 25 minutes — and I didn’t even have a recipe to follow or know exactly what I was doing.
There’s probably less than 10 minutes of hands-on time involved in this recipe, and I have a feeling your kids would love to help!
Recipe for Muffin Tin Pizzas
This recipe makes 8 individual pizzas or about 4 servings
The ingredients can be as simple or as complex as you like. I just used whatever we had in the fridge — so feel free to customize them to your family’s tastes.
- 1 8-count pkg. (16 oz) refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 c. pizza or pasta sauce
- various meats and veggies for toppings (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese
- 8 Pepperonis (optional)
The directions are as simple as the ingredients…
- Lightly grease a regular muffin tin with cooking spray
- Press one biscuit into each muffin cup
- Add 1 T. of sauce to the bottom of each biscuit
- Add whatever toppings you like
- Top with 1 T. shredded cheese and a pepperoni (for looks)
- Bake at 400*F for approximately 12 minutes — or until biscuits are golden brown
- Eat and enjoy!
I served our pizzas with a simple side salad and a few raw veggies.
That’s it — so simple.
Oh, and if you love pizza as much as we do, here are a few other recipes you might want to try.
- Pizza Pasta
- Pizza Pasta in a slow cooker
- Homemade Pizza (7 different recipes)
- Scrambled Egg Pizza (not exactly pizza but it’s good and it’s simple)
What is your favorite way to eat pizza?
Visit my virtual recipe box for more simple, delicious, family friendly, recipes!