Backyard BBQs (with loads of delicious, easy BBQ side dishes) are one of my favorite things about spring and summer.
I absolutely LOVE eating outside, and the kids always get excited about staying outside a little bit longer.
We have hosted MANY backyard BBQs at our house over the past 10 summers. And we plan to continue hosting more and more as the kids get older and want to invite new friends, neighbors, etc. over for a meal.
Now, obviously the main part of any BBQ is the meat… but what about everything else?
In my opinion, it’s usually the side dishes that can make or break the meal.
If you’re struggling to come up with easy BBQ side dishes to serve at your own party or bring to a friend’s party…let me help!
The recipes below are 30 of my favorite easy BBQ side dishes.
1. Simple Punch — there are so many variations of this recipe too!
2. Strawberry lemonade — even if you make this from a mix, you still can’t go wrong with strawberry lemonade.
3. Cheesy Garlic Bread — so delicious!
7. Fresh fruit salad — use whatever is in-season for a delicious BBQ treat
9. Layered Lettuce Salad — you can make this one ahead of time (even with the dressing)
10. Harvest Spinach Salad — this salad works any time of year
11. Coleslaw or Brocoslaw
12. Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes — I guarantee no one will complain if you make too many of these
14. Baked Herbed Potato Wedges — or really any type of fry
15. Baked Potatoes — in the slow cooker, the oven, or on the grill!
16. Baked Beans — this recipe tastes like you made them from scratch!
17. Grilled Corn on the Cob — simple and so delicious!
18. Grilled Veggies — these are SO easy.
19. Jalapeno Poppers — not nearly as spicy as they sound
20. Sauteed Mushrooms — mushrooms + butter = delicious!
21. Raw veggies and Dip — always a good “stand by” for pickier eaters.
Miscellaneous BBQ Side Dishes:
22. Finger Jell-O — always a favorite with the 10 and under crowd!
24. Watermelon!! Here’s my simple trick to quickly slice a watermelon.
25. Pickles — my kids devour these refrigerator dill pickles at almost every meal
26. Homemade BBQ sauce — the perfect BBQ sauce for any type of meat
27. Monster Cookies — ALWAYS a hit!
28. Brownie Kabobs — you could go “patriotic” with this dessert too!
29. Fruit Pies — everyone loves a thick slice of homemade (or store-bought) pie
30. Strawberry Short Cake — the essence of summer
Are you hungry yet?
Spring and summer are for eating outside as much as possible!
Try a few of these easy BBQ side dishes for your next outdoor meal and let me know what you think (or what your friends think!)
What are YOUR favorite easy BBQ side dishes??
Visit my virtual recipe box for more simple, delicious, family-friendly, recipes!